Garlic Shrimp Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. shrimp, 16-20 per pound – peeled and deveined before using
- salt to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flake
- 3 T lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cold butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp cold butter
- Heat olive oil in over high heat until it just begins to smoke.
- Place shrimp in an even layer on the bottom of the pan and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Season shrimp with salt; cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice, and 1 ½ tsp cold butter
- Cook until butter has melted, about 1 minute, then turn heat to low and stir in 1 1/2 tablespoon cold butter. Cook and stir until all butter has melted to form a thick sauce and shrimp are pink and opaque, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl; continue to cook butter sauce, on very low heat until sauce is combine and garlic is cooked.
Black Rice and Bok Choy Salad Ingredients
- 1 cup black rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tbsp. yellow onion, fine diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced ¼” cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb bok choy, remove any wilted outer leaves and chop or shave lengthwise as in picture
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ⅓ cup peanuts, toasted
- Cook black rice according to package directions and cool then stir in sesame oil
- In a large bowl combine onion, carrots, garlic, bok choy and chili flakes, and scallions.
- Toss to combine. Sprinkle with soy sauce and toss. Set aside until ready to plate
- Serve garnished with peanuts.
Orange Ginger Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender and put on medium to blend
- Hold on the side for serving
- When ready to serve, divide rice evenly among 4 plates, top with bok choy salad then top with shrimp. Drizzle the remaining garlic butter sauce over the shrimp and drizzle the Orange ginger dressing around the rice.
Fire It Up!