Aloo Tikki – Vegan & Gluten Free
Serves 4 as an appetizer – can be doubled
- 1 cup peeled, boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup boiled and coarsely crushed green peas
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of salt to taste
- Canola or vegetable oil for greasing and cooking
Green Chutney or tomato ketchup
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 – 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round, then flatten – each tikki should be about 2” in diameter.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) on a medium flame and grease it with oil and cook the tikkis, using a little oil as needed, till both sides are golden brown in color.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Fire It Up!